When should you visit a dentist? The answer isn't as straightforward as you think and depends on your circumstances. You might have probably heard that regular dental checkups for every six months help keep your mouth healthy and identify potential dental issues before they occur. But what if you have to see a dentist in between those regular checkups? Here we will discuss the top reasons to visit a Dentist in Little Rock and how often you should get dental checkups.
How Often Should You Visit a Dentist in Little Rock?
A regular dental visit is an essential component of your oral hygiene routine to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Our Little Rock Dentist recommend to visit for a checkup and cleaning every six months. If you have an ongoing oral health problem, our dentist might suggest a more frequent visit.
Top Reasons to Visit a Dentist in Little Rock
If your suffering with tooth sensitivity, swelling, and denture issues, you might be wondering When Should I Visit a Dentist? Sometimes it can be hard to decide to schedule a dental appointment. That's why we have made a list of top reasons to visit a dentist to help you know when to make a dental visit.
- Pain or Sensitivity in Your Mouth: If you experience pain in your mouth, such as cold and hot sensitivity, this should be an indication that you need to visit a dentist. This oral health issue can also affect you in other activities such as eating, talking, and sleeping.
- Bleeding When Brushing or Flossing: It's normal for your gums to bleed when establishing a flossing routine. However, if the bleeding doesn't stop after a few weeks or you notice bleeding when brushing your teeth, then it might be an indication of a Periodontal issue, if not treated, it leads to other problems such as gum disease.
- Plaque, Tartar, and Cavities: while regularly brushing and flossing your mouth, there are some small areas in the mouth, that will be missed. When plaque builds up, it becomes more difficult to remove without any professional help. Regular dental cleaning prevents tartar from creating holes in them, which is how cavities occur. These can be avoided with regular dental checkups and decrease the chances of plaque and tartar before it becomes destructive.
- Gum Disease: The plaque and tartar buildup not only cause tooth decay but also erode the gum tissues. It happens when tartar buildup causes an infection where the gum is connected to the tooth and makes the gum pull away from the tooth. This process is called gingivitis, and as it processes the tissue that attaches gums, the teeth break down, once it reaches this point, it is officially gum disease. To avoid all of this, a regular dental cleaning with Little Rock Dentist Near You are essential in catching and addressing gingivitis.
- Find Oral Health Problems With X-Rays: The important part of visiting your Little Rock Dentist for every six months is getting your teeth and jaw bone X-Rayed. X-ray images allow your dentist to see what is happening beneath the surface of your mouth and can diagnose oral health problems that are invisible to the naked eye. Up-to-date x-rays are the best way to keep on top of your oral health.
Are Dental Checkups Worth the Effort?
Our Little Rock Dentist is not only concerned with fixing teeth. But, they professionally clean your teeth to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy. Our Dental Office "Cloud Family Dental" is open and taking precautions to see patients in a safe environment. The safety precaution includes:
- Standard screening
- UV-C lighting to combat bacteria and viruses
- HEPA filter with UV-C light to clean air
- Isolite system for Aerosol-Generating procedure
For more information, call us at (501) 868-3800 and plan your visit to meet the best dentist near you!